- Make sure it smells fresh.
- Clear and clean all countertops.
- Vacuum all carpets.
- Put away all toys, clothes.
- Open up curtains; turn on lights.
- Pre-pack items, which may clutter your home
- Clean all glass and mirrors.
- Clean off front porch.
- Close your garage door.
- Put away any toys, tools, bikes, garbage.
- Mow the lawn, trim trees.
- Check outdoor lights.
- Clean patios or decks.
- Touch up outdoor paintwork.
- Fill any potholes in your driveway.
- Tighten doorknobs and oil squeaking hinges.
- Fences should be mended and painted
- Replace missing shutters, gutters, and downspouts.
- Clean oven and stove.
- Replace broken appliances.
- Clean all appliances inside and out.
- Clean the refrigerator front of pictures and magnets.
- Repair sliding doors, that won’t open or close properly.
- Be sure that all clothes are hanging up.
- CHILDREN’S BEDROOMS
- Remove all posters, photographs. Low lighting and clutter make bedrooms look smaller than they are.
- Sink, toilet, bathtub, and shower should look immaculate.
- Replace shower curtain and bathroom rug.
- Fix leaky faucets.
- Clean the fireplace and remove smoke stains from the wall.
- Replace carpet if it’s old.
- If unfinished, make sure concrete floor is clean.
- Clean water heater, change filters, and put strong light bulbs in fixtures.
- If you have a pet with a litter box, ensure the litter box is clean
- Ensure the garage door opener is working properly.